Tuesday, September 8, 2015

The Mistress of Tall Acre


The Mistress of Tall Acre, by Laura Frantz, is set after the Revolutionary War in Virginia. Sophie Menzies is left alone, waiting for her brother’s return from the military, after her father escapes the United States as a traitor, and her mother passes away. When her neighbor, Seamus, returns home she begins to form a relationship with his daughter, Lily Cate. Romance, mystery, and history are all intertwined in The Mistress of Tall Acre. I really enjoyed watching the relationships grow in this book, since they seemed realistic and nothing was forced. There were some mysteries in this book I did not see coming, and I found myself not wanting to put the book down once I started to read it.

As with all of her other books, Laura Frantz wrote a great story that provided some insights into the time after the Revolutionary War as well as showing the growing relationship between these two characters. I would recommend this book to anyone who is interested in reading historical romance books.

This book was provided by Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group, in exchange for my review. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

No comments:

Post a Comment