Thursday, September 24, 2015

Legend


Some of my favorite books are those that deal with historical events, and I even enjoy the book more if it’s a true story! I think that’s why I really enjoyed reading Legend: A harrowing story from the Vietnam War of One Green Beret’s Heroic Mission to Rescue a Special Forces Team Caught Behind Enemy Lines by Eric Blehm. The book was written in a way that was easy to understand, and I wasn’t confused by different military terms like I’m sometimes concerned about when I read this type of book.  The book looks at Roy Benavidez, a Staff Sergeant with the Army’s Green Beret Special  Forces who jumped from a helicopter into Cambodia where his team was trapped. Out of these 12 men, 8 men survived the disaster.
 
I would recommend this book to anyone who is interested in books concerning military matters or biographies. It’s a very interesting read, and it will keep you entertained from beginning to end.


is book was provided by Blogging for Books, in exchange for my review. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

No comments:

Post a Comment