Sunday, April 17, 2011

Tomorrow's Garden

Tomorrow’s Garden is the third book in the Texas Dreams series and was written by Amanda Cabot. The book tells the story of Harriet Kirk and her newly acquired job of a schoolteacher in the town of Ladreville, Texas in the year 1857. Her younger siblings, who she is responsible for after the death of her parents in a fire, move with her to the new town where she begins to move forward from her past. In the new town, Harriet finds herself falling in love with Lawrence, the sheriff of the small town who is eagerly awaiting the end of his employment in Ladreville.

Although this was the first book I read in the series, I was able to follow the story, and I really enjoyed learning of the life of Harriet. I especially enjoyed the relationship that grew between Harriet and Lawrence. They are both looking to move forward from their past experience, and they are able to face their future together. Although the book wasn’t the most fast paced, there were moments within the book that had some tension which kept me wanting to learn what would happen next. I also think I enjoyed this book because it reminded me of instances in the past where I have read book or watched movies about an older sibling having responsibility for those other children in her family. I like this focus on family and seeing an older child have a strong sense of responsibility and love for her family.

I will definitely be reading the first two books in this series, and I am looking forward to reading other books written by Amanda Cabot in the future.

"Available April 2011 at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group."

No comments:

Post a Comment