Monday, October 26, 2015

A Reason to Stay


In the third Texas Gold Novel, A Reason to Stay, Faith Marin seems to have it all together as an investigative reporter. Through her job, she meets a pro fisherman, Geary, who soon becomes her husband. Their relationship isn’t exactly what was imagined when going into the marriage, as Faith and Geary have polar opposites in terms of their families. Faith came from a dysfunctional childhood and many things in her past she would rather hide. Geary, on the other hand, is an open book with a large family that is very connected. When Faith makes the decision to put her career before her marriage, she would never imagine a traumatic injury would cause her to reevaluate and come to terms with her past.

 

I enjoyed this book, and I think I connected with Geary because his large family reminded me of my own. The book was fast paced, and it kept me interested throughout the entire reading. Also, although this is the third book in the series, it is fine for it to be read as a stand-alone story.

 

This book was provided by Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group, in exchange for my review. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

No comments:

Post a Comment