Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Wild in the Hollow


Wild in the Hollow: On Chasing Desire and Finding the Broken Way Home, by Amber Haines, immediately caught my attention with the artsy cover that made me want to pick up the book and start reading it right away. Although I think the book provided an interesting look into the life of Amber, and her struggles with relationships, drugs, and an abortion, it was written in a way that I just couldn’t connect with. If the book had been a short story, I would have enjoyed the poetic way it was written. I just couldn’t connect with a full length memoir when reading that type of writing. With that said, I think others who enjoy reading more of a prose style book would really like this book. It’s just not the type of writing that I’m drawn to.  

This book was provided by Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group, in exchange for my review. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”


This is a preview. The number of pages displayed is limited.

No comments:

Post a Comment