Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Through Waters Deep


One of my favorite authors is Sarah Sundin, so I was so excited to read Through Waters Deep, her new book in the Waves of Freedom series. Mary Stirling is a perfect heroine in this book. She works at the Boston Navy Yard, where she serves as a secretary. After suspicious activities take place at the Navy Yard, she decides to use her secretarial skills to help the FBI catch whoever is causing many of the problems that are happening at the Navy Yard. While she is working at this job, she comes into contact with a person from her past: Jim Avery, a Naval Officer on the USS Atwood. While they were growing up, Jim had a crush on Mary’s best childhood friend. Does he continue to have feelings for Mary’s friend, can Mary discover who is sabotaging ships, and can Jim stop floating through life and find meaning in his work?

 

This book had the perfect amount of romance, suspense, and historical content to keep me interested from the first page to the last. I was actually disappointed to see the story end, although I was happy to see the mystery of who was sabotaging the Navy Yard resolved. I cannot wait to read more books in this series, especially since I think the next book is going to focus on Jim Avery’s younger sister who is moving to Boston for a new job. I’m sure her adventures will be just as interesting to read about as those in Through Waters Deep.

 

This book was provided by Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group, in exchange for my review. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the lovely review! I'm glad you enjoyed Jim & Mary's story!

    ReplyDelete