Friday, August 30, 2013

On Distant Shores

I always find myself reading WWII books, and I would have to say one of my favorite authors in this genre of books is Sarah Sundin. I really enjoyed her first book in the Wings of the Nightingale series, and I was extremely excited when I found out the second book in this series, On Distant Shores, was now available. This book goes back in time to cover some of the same times as was originally in her first book With Every Letter. On Distant Shores shows the perspective of Lt. Georgiana Taylor, a flight nurse who has a boyfriend, Ward, back home, and she seems to wish she was back home with him rather than facing dangerous situations. Technical Sergeant John Hutchinson (Hutch) is another of the main characters who has a fiancĂ©e back home. He is a pharmacist who truly loves his profession, but not always the way he is treated by others since he is a non-commissioned officer. 

Throughout this story we see the interactions of Georgie and Hutch, and it’s great to read about them and see their relationship grow while they face difficulties. They both relied on their faith throughout the difficult situations they faced, and I think that is a great example for the readers to have. I think both of these characters were very likable, and they grow in both their profession and personal attitude throughout the book.

I cannot wait to read the next book in this series…from Sarah Sundin’s website it looks like the next book comes out in 1 year!!

I was provided a copy of this book by the publisher Revell in exchange for honest review.

Available August 2013 at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group.

No comments:

Post a Comment