Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Atracted to Fire

Since I love anything that has to do with Politics and Presidential figures, I was very excited to read Attracted to Fire by DiAnn Mills. The book follows Agent Meghan Connors’ and her desire to protect the president of the United States. Meghan is assigned to the vice president’s daughter, who is a drug and alcohol addict. Meghan is less than thrilled to be working with the Special Agent in Charge Ash Zinders, who reads as a little sexist since he does not want to have a female agent working with him. The book reads like a mystery as deaths begin to occur as the remote ranch faces a security breach. In addition to the mystery element, a romance begins to grow between Meghan and Ash, despite their differences.

I really enjoyed this book, and I liked reading about a woman in a man’s field. Meghan was very hard-working and had a set of goals in her life. I also liked the relationship between Meghan and Ash. Although they seemed like opposites, this books shows that some of the best romantic relationships are those between people who don’t seem to connect at first. I also liked the mystery behind the book. There were twists that I wasn’t expecting which kept me enthralled from page 1 until the last.

I received this book from the publisher, Tyndale House, in return for a review. The opinions expressed are mine alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment