Monday, August 31, 2015

The Potter's Lady


The Potter’s Lady, by Judith Miller, is going to be added to my list of favorite books I read this summer! The second book in the Refined by Love series follows Rose McKay and her brother, Ewan, as they relocate their family and take on the adventure of running a pottery business together. Although they have every intention of turning their business into a success, it seems that they are constantly submitting below price bids, but yet they aren’t winning any bids. What could be the reason for this? Will the contest to win a contract with a large Pittsburgh hotel turn their new business around? As Rose works with her brother, she also begins to work with Rylan Campbell, who has been with the pottery since a very young age. I enjoyed reading about their time spent working together and reading about how their relationship grew from the beginning of the book to the end.

 

I really enjoyed learning more about how a pottery was run, and I liked the relationship between Rose and her brother, Ewan. I think that may be because my family is involved in a family business, so seeing their interaction really interested me. Although I didn’t read the first book in the series, I was able to follow this story easily. Now, I’m planning to go back and read the first book in the series since I enjoyed the second book so much!

 

This book was provided by Bethany House, a division of Baker Publishing Group, in exchange for my review. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

No comments:

Post a Comment